Wednesday, October 15, 2008

More Work Pictures

I am relying on my dear sweet wife to update this blog with something other than what I can do. I have been at work since September 23rd so I haven't had access to the kids or the ability to take more pictures of the kids other than the pictures from the casing break. So hopefully Beth will put some more pictures of the kids up pretty soon. I should be heading home on Saturday at some point and when I'm home I will probably not be spending much time on the computer but I will update when I get back on the next well and I get all caught up. So for now you'll have to look at pictures from work.
This is the normal flare we have burning while drilling. Yesterday we had to change out the bit and motor so we were pulling pipe out of the hole and then running pipe back in the hole most of the day. It took about 18 hours to pull more than 16,000' of pipe out and put it all back in. When we get back on bottom we have a large amount of gas that has to be circulated out of the hole and burned off. So I put a few pictures of the normal flare and the "Bottoms Up Gas" that we circulated out.
Normal Flare while Drilling Ahead
"Bottoms Up" Flare
The pictures were taken at a weird angle and it was incredibly windy yesterday so the flare doesn't look as big in the pictures as it really was. I'm pretty sure that had there been any grass on the hill behind the flare we would have had an even bigger flare.



1 comment:

Jeff said...

If she's like mine, it's almost impossible to get her to post to the blog. Everytime she decides to do it (once a year), I have to spend twenty minutes explaining how to do it again.

Or maybe I'm wrong... (Hey Beth! :)

- Jeff M