Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our new "Vacation Home" and snowed in

This is our new "Vacation Home"

I got home just in time to dig Beth and the kids out.

We purchased a gently used camper in early September, and I finally had time to pick it up over the last two weeks. We plan on parking it in Riverdale, ND on Lake Sakakwea next summer. This way Beth and the kids can head up at anytime with groceries and just relax. The location is great as it's only 70 miles from our home in Bismark and about 80 miles from where I'm working. We have several friends that spend thier summers at the same campground and we've had lots of fun spending the day with them so we decided to get a camper and spend more time there. Once it warms up and we can get inside and personalize the interior we'll put more pictures up for now this is all you get.

The second picture is the aftermath of our first true winter storm. I got stuck at the rig an extra night but made it home the next day. The interstate between Bismarck and Dickinson was closed so me and a buddy followed each other on a two lane highway all the way home. It was slow going and somewhat stressful driving on solid ice for 120 + miles but we made it with no problems. When I got home I couldn't even get in my driveway because of all the snow. The drift in front of the garage doesn't look that big, but it was up to my upper thigh. The kids had a great time while Beth and I cleared the driveway and the kids threw snowballs at us. It was fun for them until we started throwing back, then they didn't think it was quite as much fun. One great thing about a big storm is everyone is out and everyone helps eachother out. We have a neighbor with a bigger snowblower on his yard tractor so he helped clear some of our driveway and sidewalk. We also have the nicest neighbors, Wally and Betty. They are a little bit older and I just hate to see him out there shoveling so I helped clear his driveway and he promised to bring a few beers over once it warms back up. After shoveling our driveway and our neighbors we decided we would either pay a snow removal company to take care of it for us or just buy a snow blower. Well we drove around that same afternoon and there were still people that couldn't get out while they were waiting on the snow removal company so our minds were made up that we would buy a snow blower. Two days later we went to Lowe's and purchased a really nice snowblower that Beth will have no problem using while I'm at work. It will make life much easier during the winter.




No comments: